Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
You do not need to reveal any personally identifiable information to browse and use many features of the Site. You can view much of our content anonymously. For instance, you can review our jobs database and employer directory without giving out any personally identifiable information. However, you will not be permitted to use certain features of the Site, such as the resume builder or resume online posting, without providing us with personal information. Furthermore, if you do not post your resume online via the Site, third parties paying to access the searchable resume database will not have access to search your resume through our resume database product.
Personally Identifiable Information that Is Shared with Third Parties
You are required to give us personally identifiable information in order to create an account (and to use resume tools) on the Site as well as to send us feedback or to contact us via the Site. Under certain circumstances as set forth below, we share that personal information with third parties, who pay for such information, for such third parties’ independent use. We also may share that personal information with third parties so that they may perform services or functions on our behalf (including, without limitation, a third party provider of web site creation and hosting services).
You may create an account by providing certain personal information to us (including your first and last name and your e-mail address). When you create an account, you may also choose to use resume tools and, in so doing, you provide additional personal information to us such as your telephone number, address, educational background, employment preferences and your employment history.
We will collect any personally identifiable information, including your e-mail address and information contained in your resume, that you provide to us. We use this information to:
- permit you to create an online resume, cover letter, and/or application (as applicable, and collectively such resume, cover letter and/or application are referred to herein as “resume” for purposes of this Policy) and use other job-related tools on the Site (including sending your resume to advertisers posting opportunities on the Site or to advertisers posting opportunities on another web site or network, which opportunities are also posted on the Site);
- provide you with special announcements of job opportunities, new features, job fairs, free newsletters, networking events and other similar notices we think you may find of interest;
- share aggregated information (that is non-personally identifiable) about visitors to the Site with our customers, partners and other third parties so that they may understand the kinds of visitors to the Site and how these visitors use the Site;
- permit third parties who pay to access the searchable resume database on the Site, subject to your online accessibility selections, to review your resume; and
- manage our Site, including responding to your questions and maintaining our Site.
Since the Site is a career site, we give you three options regarding the accessibility of your resume:
- You can store your resume in our database, but choose not to allow it to be searchable by third parties paying to access the database. If you choose not to allow your resume to be searchable, you can use your resume to apply for a job online, but third parties paying to access the searchable resume database will not have access to search it through our searchable resume database product.
- If you have a confidential resume, but apply to a job posting on the Site, the third party to whom you send your resume will be able to view your resume. We are not responsible for the use made of your resume by third parties to whom you send your resume.
- If you allow your resume to be searchable without making it confidential, then all parties with access to our searchable resume database (or copies thereof) will have access to your resume. We are not responsible for the use made of resumes by third parties who access such resumes while they are in our searchable resume database. You may remove your resume from the Site or change the online accessibility selections in your profile so that your resume is no longer searchable in the database, but third parties who have paid to search the resume database or to obtain a copy of that database may have retained a copy of your resume in their own files or databases. We are not responsible for such retention, use or privacy of resumes and personally identifiable information in these instances.
From time to time we may offer a referral service, which you may use to e-mail job postings to other parties. We will collect the e-mail addresses that you provide to us so that the postings may be sent to such other parties.
Aggregate Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Our Site collects some non-personal information about you using technology, so it may not be readily apparent to you that it is being collected. For instance, when you come to our Site, your IP address is collected. An IP address is often associated with the place from which you enter the Internet like your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your company, or your university. This information is not personally identifiable. We use information collected through this technology to make our Site more interesting and useful to you. We also track the pages or documents accessed within our Site, your browser type, access times and referring web site addresses. This information is collected for administration of the Site and for analyzing and improving the value of the material available on our Site. We do not combine this type of information with personally identifiable information. We also share aggregated information (that is non-personally identifiable) about visitors to the Site with our customers, partners and other third parties so that they may understand the kinds of visitors to the Site and how these visitors use the Site.
Security of Information
We view the security of confidential and private information as a top priority. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure and we do not ensure or warrant the security of the transmission of information. Once your personal information is received by us via the Site, it is stored behind a firewall, and such information is only accessible to those employees and third parties who have a legitimate business need for the information in order to perform their jobs or functions on behalf of the Vindicator; however, once you elect to make your resume and/or other personal information accessible via the Site to third parties paying to access the Site, such information is no longer confidential or private.
Notwithstanding the above policies, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information to appropriate third parties if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary or appropriate:
- To comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- To protect the Vindicator’s rights and property or defend against legal claims;
- To investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving harassment, abusive messages or potential threats to the physical safety of any persons;
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site;
- During emergencies, such as when we believe someone’s physical safety is at risk; or
- In the event that the Vindicator and/or its units or subsidiaries are ever sold, acquired, merged, liquidated, reorganized, or otherwise transferred, we reserve the right to transfer our user databases, together with any personally identifiable information contained therein, to a third party acquiring the assets. In the event we do so, we will place a prominent notice of the sale on the homepage of our Site, with links to information as to how you can change your privacy preferences. In addition, in the event the Vindicator becomes the subject of a bankruptcy or similar proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, we (or our trustee in bankruptcy) may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the bankruptcy court. You will be notified of a sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party via e-mail or through a prominent notice posted on the Site.
Links to Other Web Sites
This Policy does not apply to other companies’ or organizations’ web sites to which we link. You should carefully review the privacy policies of those web sites in order to determine how they treat your personal information.
Notification of Change
Use Common Sense in All Your Online Activities
Even the best policy can’t protect your online privacy and security in all circumstances. Unscrupulous advertisers, hackers, and scam artists are constantly searching the Internet (including job posting sites such as the Site) looking for new targets. Your best protection is to understand the limits to privacy on the Internet and use common sense in all of your online activities.
Be aware that e-mail is an inherently insecure form of communication. Remember that third parties are sometimes able to illegally intercept your unencrypted messages.
Anytime you visit a chat room or post a message to an online bulletin board, your e-mail address can be accessed by advertisers looking to compile lists for unsolicited commercial e-mail (also known as spam). Be sure that you only disclose your e-mail address in circumstances in which it is safe to do so.
Beware of scams in which persons unknown to you request your screen name, password, or credit card information. Make sure you verify the identity of anyone asking for personal information.
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Always monitor your children’s online activities and educate them as to the rules for safe Internet use. For more information, click here for the FTC’s webpage on Children’s Privacy.
Access to and Modification of Your Information
You may review, correct, update or change your account profile (including resume) information at any time.
To change your account profile information, simply log into your Site account, review your account profile information and, if you wish, edit it with the options provided.
If you opted to receive newsletters, commercial e-mails or other communications from the Site or third parties at the time you created your account profile, but subsequently change your mind, you may opt out by editing your account profile as described above. We will honor your request, but it may take us up to ten (10) business days to process it and you may continue to receive such communications during that time period. If you previously opted not to receive such communications, you may later opt in by editing your account profile as well.
We retain indefinitely all the information we gather about you in an effort to make your repeat use of the Site more efficient, practical, and relevant. Of course, you can delete your resume from the Site’s online searchable database or close your account, in which event we will remove all our copies of your resume and your account profile information from the searchable database, except for an archival copy which is not accessible on the Internet.
Further Information About Our Privacy Practices
We hope that this Policy fully explains our privacy practices. To request further information about our privacy practices or if you have any questions, you may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write us at The Vindicator, Attention vindyJOBS.com; P.O. Box 780, Youngstown, Ohio 44503.
If you have any questions or are interested in other options, please contact the vindyJOBS.com sales executive at (330) 747-1471, ext. 1321, or send your inquiry via email.